12.15.2013

Good Things Growing

See my blue bird in flight?!  I love my birds.  It's not nesting season for them, but they show up every few days or so to check up on their house.  I assume they're making sure it's all set to go for Spring.  We'll leave the light on for you, sweet bird.


Now as for the gophers...no love here.  A gopher swallowed down this marigold in one feel swoop and was never seen from again.  Are marigolds poisonous to gophers?  I don't know, but good riddance.  You're kinda cute, but stay away from my plants!


Have I shown you my raised bed?  I'm pretty darn proud of it.  All of the soil is homemade compost, and here it's full of butternut squash and a few pumpkins.  And yes, where the raised bed meets the original soil is covered in wire mesh to keep the aforementioned gophers out of my beloved veggies.